What is baked eye shadow?
Baked eye shadow is a type of eye shadow that is baked instead of just pressed, eliminating the need for binders to hold the shadow together. The eye shadow is allowed to rise while baking, giving it its unique domed shape.
Why choose baked eye shadow?
Baking the eye shadow in this way helps the pigments to set in, allowing you to achieve a much more intense application. Baked eye shadows go on much more smoothly because of this process. The best part of Motives Baked Eye Shadow Trio is that it can be applied wet or dry for two completely different but glamorous looks.
Can I use Motives Baked Eye Shadow Trio after Plastic Surgery?
Motives Baked Eye Shadow Trios are fragrance free and gentle on sensitive skin, making them a good choice for use. Always make sure to check with your surgeon before using makeup after a surgical procedure and never apply makeup before your incisions have healed. It is recommended that you use new applicators for your makeup after any surgical procedure to reduce the risk of irritation.
Can I use Motives Baked Eye Shadow Trio after a Chemical Peel?
Motives Baked Eye Shadow Trios are safe for sensitive skin and contain soothing ingredients like Rosemary extract and Magnolia Bark extract , making them a great option for women with sensitive skin. If a crust has formed from your peel, you will need to wait until it is completely gone. Always check with your doctor to find out when it is safe for you to resume using makeup after a chemical peel. We recommend purchasing new applicators to reduce the risk of irritation.
Tips on How to use Motives Baked Eye Shadow Trios:
For a glowing daytime look:
1. All of our trios include a light, medium and darker color. Start with the lightest color using the Motives Shadow Brush to apply color all over your eyelid and up to your brow bone.
2. Next, apply the medium shade into your crease to add definition. To line your eyes, use the Motives Angled Liner Brush slightly moistened with water to use the darkest shade to line your eyes with a liquid liner-like effect.
3. Using the Motives Crease Brush, you can blend your liner for the desired effect.
For a sultry night time look:
1. Start with the medium shade and apply it all over your eyelid with the Motives Shadow Brush.
2. Next, sweep the darkest shade into your crease to make your eyes pop.
3. Using the Motives Angled Liner Brush dampened with water, line your eyes with the darkest shade and blend with the Motives Crease Brush if desired.
4. As a finishing touch, brush the lightest shade over your brow bone for a beautifully luminous, highlighting effect.
What are some other ways I can use Motives Baked Eye Shadow Trios?
For a more vibrant look for either day or night, dampen your brush with water and press it into the shadow. Apply it to your eyes with a patting motion rather than a sweeping motion. This method will ensure that the color really stands out. Use your Motives Crease Brush to blend.